What's new in QuickOPC 2019.1
From OPC Labs Knowledge Base
Internal version number: 5.55
- 1 Targeting
- 2 Technology
- 3 Delivery
- 4 Licensing
- 5 Installation and Uninstallation
- 6 Component Improvements
- 7 Component Refactorings
- 8 User Interface
- 9 Developer Tool Integration
- 10 Excel Option
- 11 Instrumentation
- 12 Tools
- 13 Documentation and Help
- 14 Examples
- 15 Bonus Material
- .NET runtimes: Removed .NET Framework 4.6.2 from the list of supported .NET runtimes (use .NET Framework 4.7 instead).
- Operating Systems: Windows 10 now needs to be Anniversary Update or later.
- For .NET Standard OPC UA, uses OPC Foundation's OPC UA .Net Standard Library 1.4.355.26.
Installation and Uninstallation
- The UADataValue (and, therefore, UAAttributeData) class now has additional properties, ServerPicoseconds and SourcePicoseconds. They specify the number of picoseconds intervals which shall be added to the ServerTimestamp or SourceTimestamp. Note that as opposed to the representation in the OPC UA protocols, the value of these properties is *not* in tens of picoseconds, but is rather in true picoseconds.
- When formatting the expanded text of OPC UA Node IDs and qualified names, the namespace URI (the text after "nsu=") is now separated with an additional space from the following semicolon, allowing the URI be easily separated by tools that are not aware of the specific syntax of OPC UA Node IDs and qualified names. Similarly, any trailing whitespace in the namespace URI part (the text after "nsu=") is ignored when parsing the OPC UA Node IDs and qualified names.
- Added a new property SessionTimeoutDebug to the UAClientSessionParameters class. The value of this property determines the requested OPC UA session timeout used when a debugger is attached. The normal SessionTimeout defaults to 1 minute, the SessionTimeoutDebug defaults to 10 minutes, making it easier to prevent expired sessions while debugging with breakpoints.
- Classes under the OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.AddressSpace.Standard namespace have been updated to OPC UA 1.04, bringing in many new members.
- Enhanced exception messages in various common error cases, for easier troubleshooting.
Specialized Client Objects
- In the event pull mechanism, added a maximumCount argument to multiple-result PullXXXX methods. Removed single-result PullXXXX methods from the .NET interfaces, and reimplemented them as extension methods.
Developer Tool Integration
- Data members that are not necessary for user debugging are now consistently hidden from the debugger (Visual Studio), making it easier to find the relevant information.
Documentation and Help