What's new in QuickOPC 2019.2
From OPC Labs Knowledge Base
Internal version number: 5.56
- OPC UA PubSub support
- For .NET Standard OPC UA, uses OPC Foundation's OPC UA .Net Standard Library 1.4.357.28.
- For easier debugging, added NuGet symbol package for OpcLabs.QuickOpc, with PDB files for .NET Standard.
Installation and Uninstallation
- Simplified setup choices by merging together the installation components for individual tools.
- OPC UA PubSub is now supported, initially with UADP message mapping and OPC UA UDP and OPC UA Ethernet transport protocol mappings.
Specialized Client Objects
- A new EasyUAPublishSubscribeClient component allows (read-only) access to OPC UA PubSub configurations, accessed either through an information model in an OPC server, or stored in a binary file.
- Added missing methods: _EasyUAClient.BrowseEventSources, _EasyUAClient.BrowseNotifiers.
- Changed some arguments types (arrays, mainly) to be usable by broader set of COM tools. Most notable change (in C# syntax): 'out/ref object' changed to 'object'.
- Added property _ValueResult.RegularizedValue. Returns value in which arrays are always arrays of System.Object (transforms to VARIANT in COM). Regularized values are necessary for some COM tools, such as VBScript.
- Added method _UASimpleAttributeOperand.ToUAAttributeField (allows shorter code).
- Unexpected exceptions from UA SDK are now propagated (and not just logged as internal errors), making it easier to diagnose them.
Tools and Online Services
- The OPC Command-line Tool (OpcCmd) is now deployed during the installation, and a link to it (in interactive mode) added to the Start menu.
- The OPC-UA Demo Publisher (UADemoPublisher) is now deployed during the installation, and a link to it added to the Start menu.
- StreamInsight Option updated from StreamInsight 2.1 to StreamInsight 2.3.
- Added examples for OPC UA PubSub.
- Added integration example of OPC with Microsoft Trill (https://github.com/microsoft/Trill ).
- Added several examples in C#.
- Added many examples in Object Pascal (Delphi).
- Added many examples in VBScript.
- Consistently included proper error handling in all Delphi examples.
- Consistently included proper error handling in all VBScript examples.
- Object Pascal examples are now in Delphi 10.3 Rio.
- Aligned organization of Delphi examples with the organization used in the C# examples.
- Aligned organization of VBScript examples with the organization used in the C# examples.
- Removed F# examples for .NET Framework (kept F# examples for .NET Core).
- Removed C++ portable examples (with use of STLSoft and VOLE).
Documentation and Help
- The Concise Reference CHM file (present in some build configurations) has been remade into a Concise Reference page in the User's Guide, and is now present in all builds.