What’s New in QuickOPC.NET 5.03
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Previous: What’s New in QuickOPC.NET 5.02
Key changes: Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- Added full support for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0, and a separate set of assemblies compiled specifically for .NET Framework 4.0 is provided (.NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 remain supported, but not as primary development targets).
- Added full support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (Visual Studio 2008 remains supported, but not as primary development target). Visual Studio 2010 can be used to target any version of .NET Framework with the product (2.0, 3.0, 3.5, or 4.0).
- The setup program now only checks and requires those prerequisites that are needed according to the set of components selected for installation.
- The setup program now fully automatically selects and installs dependency redistributable packages that are needed according to the set of components selected for installation.
- Installation of assemblies and a demo program targeting .NET Framework 2.0 is now turned off by default.
- New QuickOPC.NET Bonus Pack 5.03 has been created. All existing examples have been converted to Visual Studio 2010 and retargeted to .NET Framework 4.0, with the use of new QuickOPC.NET assemblies (all pre-existing examples in Visual Studio 2008 have been retained, too).