What’s new in QuickOPC-COM 5.10
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Previous: What's new in QuickOPC-COM 5.02
Key changes: OPC Alarms and Events
- Added support for OPC-A&E specification (Alarms and Events Custom Interface Standard Version 1.10). This specification is covered by an entirely new object hierarchy with its starting point at EasyAEClient class.
- New OpcAlarmsAndEvents10 property in ServerCategories object.
- Added EasyDAClient.MultipleItemsChanged event. This event is capable of passing multiple item changes in one notification, improving the performance.
- Explicit item subscriptions now honor the requested update rate precisely (without attempting to merge the neighboring rates into “buckets”). This behavior can be controlled from the EasyOPC Options Utility, and the corresponding setting is called “exact manual group match”.
- Some numeric error codes have changed (and have been added) to accommodate OPC Alarms and Events.
- COM AppID, CLSIDs, IIDs, and version-dependent ProgIDs have changed.
- To facilitate the addition of OPC Alarms and Events support, some physical elements (such as component executables, libraries and applications) have been renamed: EOPCDAL.EXE module becomes EASYOPCL.EXE, EOPCDAI.DLL module becomes EASYOPCI.DLL, and EASYOPCDA.TLB type library becomes simply EASYOPC.TLB. Note that no logical elements (such as namespaces or classes) have been renamed for this reason.
- Associated QuickOPC-COM Bonus Pack 5.10 has been created. New examples, including examples for OPC Alarms and Events, have been added.