What's new in QuickOPC-COM 5.02
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Previous: What’s new in QuickOPC-COM 5.01
Key changes: OPC Universal Architecture Proxy
- Added ability to communicate with OPC-UA (Universal Architecture) Servers through UA Proxy for OPC COM Clients. For instructions, see Advanced Topics -> OPC-UA (Universal Architecture) in the “Concepts” document.
- Added support for OPC Common 1.10 specification. This means that IOPCServerList2 interface can now be used to retrieve information about OPC servers when available, providing better compatibility and more detailed information about the OPC servers.
- The outgoing (source) interface of EasyDAClient object is now strictly a dispinterface, making it possible for languages such as PHP to consume events.
- Added (optional) installation of OPC UA COM Interop Components (including UA Proxy for OPC COM Clients, and UA Configuration Tool).
- In-process Server component is now turned off by default (Local Server remains turned on and becomes the default).